Shelli Trung is Partner at REACH Australia. She brings over 15 years of experience across corporate innovation, real estate development, entrepreneurship and early stage investment.
Prior to joining SCV, Shelli was the Expert in Residence | Investment Fund Manager Executive at Queensland University of Technology Creative Enterprise Australia where she grew the investment portfolio from 8 to 35+ Seed/Series A investments within two years and served on the Board of Cardly, Bluethumb and the right fit.
In 2010, Shelli founded a digital media publication based in New York, which was incubated at the New York Media Centre and subsequently acquired in early 2015.
As an experienced angel investor, Shelli has been listed as one of the top 100 angel investors to follow on Twitter. Her investments include graduates of Chinaccelerator, Startup Chile and DreamIt Ventures (New York) programs.
- Queensland University of Technology Creative Enterprise Australia: Executive for Investment, Accelerator Programs and Marketing. Combined portfolio raise of $15M and revenue of $40M.
- Personal portfolio of global seed stage PropTech. Invested pre-revenue. Combined raise of $3M+, revenue $5m+ and 3x return after four years.
- Ex corporate innovation employee at the National Australia Bank (finance), MLCOA (medical), V/Line (transportation), IDG (professional services), Cardno ACIL (International Aid).
- Brokered real estate development of $30M+ across USA including NYC and Melbourne, Australia.
- Mentored/workshops on 10+ accelerators globally including Pi Labs (PropTech London), Startup Bootcamp Fintech (London) and REach (PropTech Chicago).
- Assessment panels for Queensland Government’s Regional Angel Investor Program and Arts Business Innovation Fund.